Maniaci is looking for top talent to help grow our team. Have a passion for helping people? Apply today!
Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maniaci is a multi-service employee benefits consulting firm. We function as employee benefits advisors, representing all major insurance carriers. Since its start in 1980, Maniaci has continued to provide top-notch customer service and expertise to the business community. We’re proud of our tight-knit team and the camaraderie, collaboration and support demonstrated every day.
Maniaci is part of Patriot Growth Insurance Services (PGIS), a national insurance services firm that partners with employee benefits and property and casualty agencies across the United States.
We’re currently looking to hire a dynamic and self-motivated Assistant Account Manager (AAM). We pride ourselves on being able to offer a stable, friendly, and fun working environment. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work, has an outstanding work ethic, positive attitude, willingness to learn and genuinely supports the company’s mission of taking care of the health and well-being of our clients.
The AAM is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to the Group Services Department. The work involves daily interaction with insurance carrier personnel to address billing issues, enrollment, claims and renewals. It is the level of professionalism, speed, and efficiency with which these functions are executed, that often determines how well the company will be able to service any of its clients. To perform this job successfully, the AAM must maintain constant communication with their Account Manager, be accountable for their work, be reliable, organized, able to multi-task, work at a fast pace and demonstrate a commitment to learning more about the benefits industry. It is our ethic to promote from within so our team of AAM is our pool of future Account Managers.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist with general administrative tasks concerning clients and the administration of their employee benefit plans. This includes, but it not limited to, the following:
- Assist with client renewals, including reviewing enrollment applications, processing open enrollment changes, and reconciling invoices post-renewal
- Assist with enrollment requests, such as new hire enrollment applications, mid-year changes, and employee terminations
- Assist with eligibility matters, such as contacting carriers to verify enrollment status and ordering member ID cards
- Assist with benefit inquiries, such as contacting carriers to confirm specific benefits (procedures, treatments, equipment, etc.), help with pre-authorizations and access to care needs and researching contracted status of providers
- Assist with billing issues, such as delinquent payments, billing discrepancies and policy reinstatements
- Assist with claims, as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Preferably a minimum of six months in an administrative support or related position, but not required
Technical Skills Needed:
- Use of personal computer and laptop
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Adobe Acrobat
- Internet (Chrome, Firefox)
Special Requirements Specific to Job:
- Incredible attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Precise written communication skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- A passion to make clients and team members feel important and valued
- Capability to work quickly and efficiently
Employee Benefits & Perks:
We care deeply about our people and work hard to give them what they want, from flexible work arrangements to a robust benefits package, and unforgettable office parties.
- Competitive Pay
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Remote Capabilities
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Legal and ID Protection Services
- Wellness Program
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) Plan Options
Maniaci Insurance Services is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status.